Health isn’t just eating right it has to do with your whole being. Your mind, body and soul but most of all spirit. If we neglect our spirit, we get out of alignment. If we neglect our mind, we will go bonkers. If we neglect our bodies, we end up useless in our later years. Why is it so important to “take action” now instead of the tomorrows of life? As, we get into our early sixty’s our muscle tone starts to deplete, our minds need food if neglected our thought processes get displaced. We end up empty, we need to be challenged or even stretched. By, learning something new will help. How about your spirit? Your flesh takes over and your spirit is neglected because you are so focused on your aches and pains. You overlook the little things that lead to major issues as we get older. How do we change? You have a choice. Do you want to enjoy and live life to the fullest in your elder years? Or do you want to sulk and play the Victim Card.
Here are some helpful hints:
- Find time for yourself when stress gets high.
a. Schedule a “Me Day” once a week for a massage, facial, fishing, hunting. Your fav hobby.
b. Get up, and away from your desk. Go for a walk outside.
c. Breathing exercises
- Know when to ask for help. You are not a Superhero.
a. At work don’t build your life on high demands of others. Yes, we need to make our employer shine so they can bring in customers. People are more creative when they are taken care of within the work force. Productivity will increase. If not, you will burn out which will cause health issues. At work you are replaceable, but if you solve issues of work burn out you will be considered an asset.
- In your family you are not replaceable. You are the rock and foundation.
a. Schedule an appointment with your spouse each week. Do not cancel
b. Schedule an appointment with your children. Date your children. Each child is different so make it special for each one. Even if it is only 1-2 hours
c. Plan Family meetings to make decisions
d. Plan a Family Vacation, Family Holiday’s, Family time
e. Call your parents once a week if long distance. If not make it a Family day to visit.
f. Stop forcing your children to do what you want them to do. Find their talent and then develop it. Their passion is their success and yours. This will help you develop a stronger bonding with your child.
g. Stop and listen. Listen to your spouse. Listen to your children. Listen to your parents. Listen to friends.
- Yearly Physical
- Dental Check-up
- Eye Examination
- Hearing Examination
- Sleep 8-10 hours a day. Your body needs to rest and recover from the stress of the day. If you have a baby sleep when they sleep.
- Exercise. Find something you love to do. Bike, hike, walk, run, swim, go to your local gym, or better yet you can buy your own equipment and work out at home
- Sun, you need 10 or more minutes a day of sunlight. It is a natural D3 dosage
- Go to Church. Find a local church you feel comfortable in. You might need to Church shop and it is okay. Sunday is a day to celebrate the life you live. A day to be grateful and enjoy fellowship with others.
- Socialization. Find like minded people that will support you and your family.
- Volunteer. Looking beyond ourselves is important to know we are part of a community. We were created to help each other.
Wisdom is from the choices we make in life. Wisdom is the key to success in life. Once we realize that we are beautifully made, and we have a journey to fulfill. Change will take place. Personally, I chose a GOD First life, Family Second, Career Third with a twist of Exercise. Yes, what I share seems like common sense, but do we walk the walk and talk the talk.? “Taking action” will make a difference in “Enjoying and Living Life to the Fullest.” What is your excuse for not “taking action”?