- The first thing you need to do is BELIEVE that your memory will improve.
- Challenge your brain. Keep it active learn a new language, do puzzles. Take note of the location of objects in a new place and see how much information you can recall in 30 minutes. Learning observation skills.
- Exercise. Take a brisk walk, play volleyball, go for a swim. Do something you enjoy maybe biking or better yet hiking.
- Eat well. Add more vegetables to your plate and stay hydrated with water not Gatorade. There is allot of sugar. Buyer beware of the sugar and sodium content.
- Reduce Stress. Instead of multitasking try Single focus. Do one task at a time unless your work has you everywhere. You need to grab that Stress monkey by the blank! Some stress is fantastic but prolonged stress can make your memory malfunction. Otherwise it is more difficult to remember even the simplest task.
- Sleep 7 to 8 hours a night. A well-rested brain works much better than an overworked tired one.
- Focus and get rid of distractions. Cell phone, television or anything that keeps you from accomplishing what you are set out to do.
- Visualization. Take mental notes of your surroundings. Poor observational skills lead to a forgetful mind. If you don’t see it than it is difficult to remember something that you barely recognized.
- A place for everything and everything in its place. Find a place that you can put all your devices, keys, pocket book, cell phone, wallet, and glasses. A basket or anything that you can just place any easy misplaced items. This way you will not panic and lose track of time in time of urgency.
- Be gentle and kind to Yourself. Date yourself once a week. A Spa day or just a YOU day.
Enjoy life, take Action!